Business Developed by WAQOO – Temple Lodging Creation
Providing a valuable new experience – “the ability to lodge at a temple.”
WAQOO operates a business in cooperation with WAQOO Project Co., Ltd. that provides users with the ability to casually and easily “lodge at a temple,” which used to have a high threshold of entry.
We provide users with opportunities to personally experience Japanese culture and provide temples and shrines with opportunities to make use of tangible and intangible properties, and we engage in “temple lodging revitalization projects,” which lead to the discovery of new value.
Description of Business
■Operation of “TERAHAKU,” a simple way to reserve temple lodging online.
This new service enables users to search and make reservations online for temples all across the country that offer lodging.
■Operation of Temple Lodging and Training information Site "WAQOO"
This portal site provides news, columns and feature articles relating to temple guest-housing and training workshops.
*Japanese Version Only
■Administration and operation of temple lodging
We provide support for temples and shrines that are beginning to operate “guest houses” for the general public for the first time.
■Planning for events and sales of goods that promote regional revitalization
- We implement plans aimed at urging temple guest house users to visit famous nearby spots, historical remains, shops, etc.
A company creating next-generation style temple lodging
Temple guest houses originally provided lodging for priests only or were facilities where pilgrims could purify themselves mentally and physically. Now, however, they have begun offering lodging to tourists from among the general public, and along with the changing times, they are expanding to include hot spring facilities, improved services, and workshops to experience temple and shrine culture, etc.
Together with local residents and personnel involved with temples and shrines, WAQOO Co., Ltd. will continue to spread the charms of temple guest houses both domestically and abroad as well as create next-generation style temple guest houses as “Japanese spaces” where users can experience the charms of Japanese history and traditional culture.
- WAQOO Co., Ltd.
- Headquarters 11F AXIS Minamimorimachi Bldg. 1-11-13, Higashitenma, Kita-ku, Osaka, 530-0044 Japan
- Date of Establishment
- April 16, 2015
- We conduct businesses such as temple guest houses and workshop programs in order to revitalize regions and promote temples and shrines. We create opportunities for both foreign and domestic visitors to come into contact with the history, culture and climate of the various regions of Japan.
In addition, we broadly distribute information on temples, shrines and traditional culture through creating and operating various forms of media, including the Internet and publishing. We aim to promote regional revitalization by conveying the charms of Japan both domestically and abroad.
- Description of Business
- Drafting and operation of tourism plans focused on revitalizing temples and shrines.
- Planning, drafting and operations for the purpose of regional development and regional revitalization with a focus on temples and shrines
- Planning, provision and mediation of programs for lodging at temple guest houses and experiencing traditional crafts
- Planning, performing and operating seminars as well as planning pamphlets
- Services relating to entertainment planning and operation
- Planning, creation and distribution of images
- Planning and creation of websites; planning and creation of advertisements that make use of the Internet and social media as well as services relating to search engine optimization measures
- General Internet-related consulting services, planning and creation of contents as well as implementation of marketing surveys.
- Property insurance agency services
- Operation and management of lodging facilities such as hotels, inns, temple guest houses, etc.
- Administrative Supervision
- Japan Association for Temple & Shrine Tourism
- Group Company
- WAQOO Agency Co., Ltd.
- Cooperating Company
- WAQOO Project Co., Ltd.
- Websites Operated
- Business Partners
(Listed In No Particular Order)
- JTB Corp.
- Sekisui House, Ltd.
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.
- NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION
- Rakuten, Inc.
- Rakuten LIFULL STAY, Inc.
- MUFG Bank, Ltd.
- Kansai Urban Banking Corporation
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- PIA Corporation
- Airbnb, Inc.
- Booking.com B.V.
- Bloom Base Inc.